Best WordPress Plugins
We all know that WordPress is an open-source creation platform, where you can create a website, blog, or app for free of charge. However, there are some fixtures that you may need or more functionality thus not provided on the WordPress theme you have chosen. So, to accomplish your task or mission you need a WordPress plugin.
What’s a WordPress plugin
A WordPress plugin is a way to add more functionality to your website. In another definition, we can say a WordPress plugin is a software built with PHP and integrate into your website, to add new features for a better website experience or improve its functionality.
Before progressing in this article, hope you have already installed and activated your desire WordPress theme. If you haven’t, see how to install and set up your WordPress theme here.
Important of a WordPress plugin
There is a numerous importance of a WordPress plugin, some of these are:
- It helps to improve site functionality
- It helps to add a new feature to the site
- Plugins enable us to have total control of our WordPress backend (update, add e.t.
Disadvantages of a WordPress plugin
A WordPress plugin does more good than harm, Although there are some disadvantages that come when installing a plugin. Some of these are:
- Spamming: Not all plugin you see is trustworthy, there are some plugins that contain spamming contents while these may lead to search engine downgrade. And also, if your hosting services found that your website contains malicious scripts, your account might be blocked or suspended, and this may lead to loss of data if you didn’t back up your website.
- Too Many Plugins Will Slow Your Site: If you installed many plugins on your website, it will slow the speed of your website because each plugin has its own size. The more plugin installed the highest probability that your site will be slower, this also may lead to a bad user experience and search engine no indexing.
How to install a WordPress plugin
To install a WordPress plugin is easy, here is a video guide on how to do that. The author walks through some ways you can install and activate a WordPress plugin.
Best WordPress Plugins To Should Install + Why To Install Them
- Jetpack: Jetpack is a combo plugin that comes with multiple features to do different tasks. With jetpack you can auto-post to your social account which I think every business should have a social account. Furthermore, you can use the plugin to fight span, add more features to article e.t.c. install the plugin to explore
- Redirection: You may need to change a blog that has already been published and crawled by search engines, for a good user experience and search engine ranking, you need a redirection plugin, this plugin helps to handle 301 redirections, Also, it helps to give an alert of any 404 pages with no knowledge of Apache or Nginx needed.
- Yoast Seo OR Rank Math: When you decided to install a plugin for search engine optimization (SEO), Yoast Seo or Rank math is a perfect plugin for a WordPress site. As Google has the most internet traffic, you can also get the most organic traffic from google if you optimize your website for search engine indexing. These plugins analyze your content SEO score and also gives suggestions on how to improve your post or article.
- Google XML: If you want a better search engine indexing like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and other search engines. Google XML is a great plugin to do that, the plugin has been trusted by over 2 million websites using it. This plugin will create special XML sitemaps for your website. With such a sitemap, it will be easier for crawlers to see the full structure of your website.
- Mailchimp or Sendinblue: According to researchers and experts, 70% of your new users will not come back to your blog. How is this true? Yes, this is true because some users find you on search engines or social media to read a catching story or blog, So they might just read and go away without even looking at the domain name. Mailchimp or Sendinblue or plugins perform an awesome and powerful task when it comes to email marketing, You can convert those runaway users to subscribers by collecting their email through comments, popup, forms e.t.c. By doing so you can convert them to returning users by sending them an interesting newsletter every week. https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailin/%20 https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/
- BackupBuddy: Every company or business needs a backup because is not available on the default WordPress site. To back up all your files, you need a WordPress plugin like Backupbuddy.
This plugin is one of the most trusted plugins to backup your entire website such as your post, widget, comments – Database. You can easily store your backups on the cloud with a one-way click.
- Site Kits by Google: Site kits was built by Google. This plugin comes with combo features. With this plugin, you can easily control google products without leaving your WordPress dashboard. Some of these features are:
Features and Usefulness of site kits by Google
With site kits, You can:
1. Connect your website with Google Analytics to see insights on your website traffic
2. Connect your website with Google Webmaster tools to see how people find you from organic search
3. Connect your website with PageSpeed Insights to monitor your website speed and accuracy
4. Connect your website with Google AdSense to see your revenue.
You can easily connect those listed platforms with site kits and see insight from your WordPress dashboard with easy integration. https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-site-kit
- AMP: This stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages, AMP makes your website faster for Mobile visitors. This plugin is important to install if you want to get the best indexing result from search engines. Not all search engine has supported Accelerated Mobile Pages but the top search engines have supported it like the bing search and google search
- W3 Total Cache: Speed optimization is important, This plugin is specially designed to increase server performance and make website pages loads faster. It speeds Up WordPress Websites and makes it Rank Higher on search engines.
- CookieYes | GDPR Cookie Consent & Compliance Notice:
This cookie consent plugin helps you with the GDPR and CCPA cookie compliance by letting you manage both first and third-party cookies on your website as per the cookie guidelines.
For making cookie management easy you can make use of its cookie scan, auto-cookie blocking features. You can also create a cookie consent notice with less effort. In addition to the ‘Accept’ and ‘Reject’ buttons that you can add to the banner via shortcodes, there is another option with which you can let your users enable or disable cookies category-wise.https://wordpress.org/plugins/cookie-law-info/
Do you have any plugin ideas that I didn’t mention in the blog? If you know any ( “must-have“) plugin that I didn’t mention, feel free to add it to the comment, I will crosscheck and it to the blog. Also, don’t forget to share your opinion about this article by commenting below this blog. Thanks