In this article, am going to show you how to convert any type of video format to mp4 using a tool called VLC without using the internet i.e WebM to mp4, MOV to mp4, WMV to mp4, FLV to mp4, AVI to mp4, AVCHD to mp4, MKV to mp4.
Before we move, let me quickly share my experience.
Story Time !!!
Some time ago I was to convert a video of 10 gigabytes in size, I was thinking how could that be possible because most tools I found are online converter and the internet subscription fee in my country is daunting that I couldn’t afford it. Luckily Making my research, I founded VLC, then I accomplish the task without using my internet(subscription.)
Intro To VLC
Vlc is free software that is used to play media files such as mp4, Mkv e.t.c, the software is available for both desktop and mobile devices and is compatible with a different operating system such as:
- Windows phone
How To Convert Any Type Of Video Format To mp4
Follow these steps to convert any video format to mp4 e.g ( webM to mp4)
- Download VLC: the first steps is to have VLC installed on your computer, follow this link here to install VLC from the official website
- Open VLC
- From the top menu, go to media and click on convert/save Media » Convert / Save
- Click on ADD to navigate and choose the video you want to convert then click on open Add » Open
Note that this step is optional
You can customize your video by clicking on the more options to change the catching, start time and stop time, and play another media synchronously.
- The next step is to click on convert/save
- Click on browse to choose the file destination ( where you want to save your video ), rename your video extension name to your mp4 then click on save
- The last step is to click on start to begin your video conversion
- BOOM !! You should see your video conversion processing…
That’s all on how to convert video to mp4 or other video format using vlc medial player. Hope it works for you, share your experience by commenting below this video.