In this article, we will walk through how to hide your friend’s list on the new Facebook design in minutes. The foremost reason why people hide their friend list on Facebook is privacy, privacy is very a vital thing one must consider. However, the Facebook default setting enables everyone from every city, town, even country to view your Facebook friends list through your profile.
Why does Facebook default setting allow everyone to view your profile, why not hidden?
Well, Facebook is me, your friends, your families, and you, without “us” there will be no social media like Facebook. Moreover, Facebook believes that your relatives or friends should know better about you.
How To Hide Friends On Facebook
If you decide not to show your friend list on the Facebook app, these steps will guide you on how to change your priacy setting on your phone and laptop:
- How to hide friends on Facebook using a laptop or desktop
- How to hide friends on the Facebook app using a mobile phone
How To Hide Friends On Facebook Using Laptop or Desktop
- Login to your Facebook Account
- If login successful, you should be redirected to the home page. The next step is to click your profile from the top left corner of your webpage or from the top right corner of your webpage to go to your profile
- Click on friends from the sub-menu section
- Beside the Find Friends sub menu section, click on the dot ( … ) , a popup should appear then click on the Edit Privacy
- In this section, you have the ability to change One – who can see your friends list, Two – Who can see the people and pages you follow, and Three – Who can see your followers on your timeline.
The next step is to click on the public button beside the friend list section since you want to hide your Facebook friend list.
6.The last step is to specify who can see your friend list, maybe only your friends, friends except, specific friends, only you or custom. Choose the option that matched your need to hide your friend list on Facebook
How to hide your friends on the Facebook app using a mobile phone
If you decide not to show your friend list on Facebook, follow these steps using your mobile phone (Android or iPhone):
- Pick up your device and log in to your Facebook account
- If login successful, you should be directed to the homepage. The next step is to click the hamburger icon located at the top right corner of your webpage, then click on settings
- In the privacy section, you can decide One – Who can see your post and content as well as who can search for you, Two – Choose whether Facebook should recognize you in photos and videos Three – who can follow and comment on your post, and so on. The next step is to click on the privacy setting since you want to edit your privacy.
4. The last step is to specify who can see your friend list, maybe only your friends, friends except, specific friends, only you or custom. Choose the option that matched your need to hide your friend list on Facebook using the Facebook app.
With the steps listed above, you should able to hide your friend list on Facebook using a computer and a mobile phone
Hope this article work for you, share your thought by commenting.